Sunday, February 19, 2006

In the midst of the journey


I know that everyone starts their first blog with..."Well, I went for it and started up my own blog..." or a close variation of this. BUT, it is so werid, I feel the same way. Does everyone get this "what have i given into" type of a reaction? here' my go at it.

Life as a journey...that is what I am really thinking about these days. Where have I been, where am I going, and where am I hoping to be soon? Physically in the past 6 months, I was just reflecting with my dear friend Kaycee who was in town to visit, that I have been ALL over.

Aug 05 - Seattle, WA, Grand Rapids, MI & Charlotte, NC
Sept 05 - Lake Geneva, WI, Knoxville & Nashville TN
Oct 05 - Bluewater Camp, northern MN
Nov 05 - Nashville, TN, Cambridge & Grand Rapids, MN
Dec 05 - Denver, CO, Orangestad, Aruba
Jan 06 - Seattle, WA, Bellingham, WA, midwinter here in Chicago at the Hyatt

No wonder I am getting tired in life, huh? I am getting ready to take off again in just over 2 weeks to go to London and Germany to see my brother and sister, and meet my sweet little nephew Zech. I am really excited for this trip. It is funny how I feel that there are many times that I am away from "home" more than I am actually here. I love traveling, but I am also realizng that I am missing my community that the Lord has blessed me with here in Chicago.

Last night I had a great night of being with some of my dear friends here in Chicago while Kaycee was still visiting. It was so cool to look around the table and realize that God is encouraging me through friendship all over the world...even in Seminray when I feel alone so often.

A journey has good days and bad days. These involve friends and are sometimes alone (I have had all of these experiences this past week). And to be honest, that is the risk of taking the journey.

So much of my life has been wrapped up in fear while on the journey, but I am really getting it hit in my head over and over again that this isn't what God has in store for me... "The Lord is my light and Salvation, whom shall I fear?...yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am still in the land of the living". The Lord has goodness in store for me on this journey. The Lord is blessing me and encouraging me along the way. Be blessed and encouraged as you are walking your own journey in life (both physically and spiritually), that God does want to grant goodness to you while you are in this land of the living.

welcome to my life...
lisa.

1 comment:

Kels :) said...

yeah blogging. every once and a while i consider starting....

maybe someday.

i love you friend! :)

kook