
My Monday night class was cancelled for tonight. Not only is this awesome that I no longer need to finish up my homework for tonight...but that also means that I now have time to go to my favorite Monday Night spot.
Meet the Celtic Crown. This is one of our favorite pubs in Chicago to go to. Reason #1 for us poor grad students is the amazing $1 burgers on Monday nights. My favorite is to get my burger (Med) with cheddar (you can also get like 4 other kinds of cheese) and get it topped off with some tots. That's right, we are fans of the tots at the celtic crown. Many people would be weary of getting tots and rather opt for fries...but let me tell you. These tots are amazing...crisp, hot, and so so so tasty. I put ketchup and mustard side by side on my little basket they are served in, and dip away in both at the same time.
Now reason #2 why we love this Irish pub...the environment. As you can see from the picture, there is a fire place there, on the left of the fire place...what is that? a popcorn machine? YEP. Free popcorn while you are waiting at your table!
and reason #3 - the basement that no one knows about. There is a side stairway that is hidden and not many know about it, but it leads to the basement, which has leather couches, a few tables and chairs, the pool table, another bar down there and TVs all around. It is like the hidden jewel of the celtic crown.
So, there it is. I love this place...class is cancelled tonight (which gives me more time to put my life together before I travel like crazy this week) and dollar burgers with my good friends. What a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment