
London, England....what a great city. there is SO much to do here and the people are super fun. when i got on the underground from the airport, i was with another girl from the states who was also trying to figure this whole thing out. we just sat on the train (freaking tired of course) and laughed at each other because anytime we heard someone say something with their accents...any thing, we felt like we were in the latest Hugh Grant movie. Billy Elliot, Notting Hill, Love Actually...really, any British movie would do. it was weird.
I have had a great first 24 hours in London. I saw lots of stuff...got a bit lost and ended up at the Dorchester Hotel to just rest...that is an amazing hotel by the way. there were these cars out front...porsche's i think...that had these semiautomatic gun rack things built into them on showcase in the parking lot. i took pictures...look for them soon.
i went to a pub in Victoria for some lunch and grabbed some fish n chips. The sweet waitress said, 'Love, would you like a pint of Britian's finest with that?' I said sure and the next thing i knew i had this pint of beer (Kells I think) with fish n chips and PEAS (the peas taste weird here)...and mayo. yep, they put a whole cup in front of me with mayo packets in it. funny british people. I don't have the picture right here, but will make sure to get this one up too. It was awesome to sit and journal in the pub, write some cards and just BE. (yes, I am trying to make space to just be).
Today's adventures are waiting...i must be going. thanks for the prayers for my travels. it is being felt for sure. i am starting to get a cold...so add that to the travel mercies prayers!
L.
No comments:
Post a Comment