Sunday, March 19, 2006

getting through jet-lag


I hope that this photo (awful...why am I letting others see me this way???) does justice to how I am feeling. After all of the traveling I have done in my life, I have not ever been jet lagged like this before.

I got home here to Chicago at 4pm Saturday...stayed up as late as I could (just 7:30pm) and woke up at 2:30am like it was 9am. I made myself go back to sleep and woke up again at 4:30 and then 6:30. Finally I got up... watched the news over coffee, had time to do my hair (straightening it takes about an hour)... and the straightener died in the middle. SO, I went to the grocery store to get a new one and some fruit and veggies for the house...and came home with a splitting headache. I took an hour nap... and still got to church on time! Can you believe all I did before church? The 11am service felt like it was 3pm. I made plans with a friend at 6pm tonight for dinner and Sunday night TV, just so I HAD to stay awake. After seeing myself with this picture, I hope I make it!!!

1 comment:

Kels :) said...

oh friend... hope you don't have class tomorrow. :) my weekend has been mucho full.... but let's talk soon!