Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Morning Devos...

Well, since I can't sleep in, I have been getting some great morning devos in recently. Simple, but profound verse that stuck out to me today...

"To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ: Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance." Jude 1-2

So, what does it mean to have an abundance of mercy? Is this receiving grace that we don't deserve, yet Christ wants us to have? What about peace... Am I seeking out His peace daily? Am I making time for this peace I have been given? Where is the abundance of love that I have been given...and what am I doing with it? Am I then going and sharing this love with others? Since we are called, loved, and kept, we are able to also experience these gifts of mercy, peace and love. Sweet, huh?

Just my challenge to myself to seek these out today. Peace...that is the one I need to be most aware of. Why does this not surprise me?

Bring it.

No comments: