Saturday, June 24, 2006
true confessions
I thought it was time to confess that I was in Cotillion when I was in 6th grade. All the cool girls did it from North Kirkwood Middle School. Obviously, I just wanted to follow them. We were taught etiquette, how to be asked to dance and how to ask boys to dance, how to actually do the fancy dancing part, and we had to wear stockings at every lesson. I had forgotten about this for a long time...saw a Gilmore Girls episode when Rory was at her Debutaunt Ball. It reminded me of all these horrible memories of my own life. Don't hold it against me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i never did those girly training things; maybe that's why i never knew how ask a guy to dance or respond back to him when asked me to dance. most of the dances i went to i basically just stood there with a blank look on my face or picked my nose until it bled when asked to dance or when i felt lik asking a guy to dance. oddly, enough i never danced! gee, if only... my life would be radically changed! maybe i would be married with 6 kids if i took cotillion? if i could turn back time? i'm going to practice walking with a book on top of my head and drink with my pinky up/out.
Yeah, obviously the cotillion thing worked for me too...me being all knocked up and all...
Post a Comment