
I am the Threshold Director here at North Park. Threshold is Freshman Orientation for the undergrads. We have about 650 new freshmen moving onto campus this week...and I am in charge of the whole thing. Life has been SUPER crazy as we are preparing and getting ready.
Orientation week (and my responsibilities) includes Convocation, registration, social events like the Viking Kick off (think youth group games here), Comedy Sportz, a 10pm - 2am Boat Dance on Lake Michigan, a day of fun on the green space with inflatables and carnival type food, a football game, a movie out on the green (here at North Park, they call it "the Hump". Ummm, don't ask why) we will have a full day downtown on a city adventure, and a variety show that night. The week ends with a worship service here on campus.
Marge (really Margaret...and is in the picture with me here) has been my sanity through this whole thing. She is my assistant director. The staff arrives tomorrow...the kiddos arrive on Tuesday and Wednesday. Pray for us...we'd love the support!
PS - did I mention that my classes start the day after threshold ends? Like I even know what classes I am taking...
No comments:
Post a Comment