Sunday, September 24, 2006

adventures in Sundays.

It is Sunday at 4pm and I have gotten almost ziltch done today. I got up early...felt sicky, but wrote some notes before I went to church. Came home, had some lunch, slept with "50 first Dates" playing on my TV. I woke up and was checking on some sites I haven't been to in awhile. I came across this organization called Adventures in Missions who is promoting a program for 21 - 35 year olds called the World Race. Now here is the crazy part, this is a 11 month mission trip. It is basically the amazing race and a missions trip combined into one. They do training with Adventures in Missions (who I believe I have served with in Honduras). They then split up groups into 8 teams (5 for 2006, 8 for 2007). These teams compete together for the first 3 days of each month, and then 4 weeks of the rest of the month is spent working at different ministry sites around the world.

I sat with my dear friend JoAnn thismorning...whom also happens to be one of the deans here at the seminary. I was talking with her after church about how I am not too excited about the call process and how it is a hard time in life ot walk through. Thinking and praying seriously about where to work next is hard enough for me...but when the school has us focus on this for 8 months before we even take off...this is just plain crazy. I am the type who needs just 6 weeks and I am done with this whole process...including moving to that place! So, in my frustration of thinking of all of this, I said, you know, maybe Starbucks coorportation is calling me. Sometimes I do feel like this. When I came across this idea to travel around the world for a year doing missions, I honestly thought it could be a great way to spend a year (and rack up another $15,000 in debt).

All in all, life is weird as I am trying to accept being in the call process...I want to take control myself, of what and where I will be in 8 months. Reality is, I need Jesus more now than before in this journey.

OK, off to actually think about what homework I DO have to do tonight before I host a dinner and hit collegelife.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

you can just click on the world race photo to get to their website which is www.theworldrace.org