I have been in a class this week called Church leadership and culture in the US and Sweden. Part of this class is hosting students from Sweden here for a week and do classes and attend the Willow Creek A2 conference. It just ended and was great. (www.A2now.com) Long story short, and this may be even cheesier for those of you who were at the conference....but I sort of had a second conversion while there. I met Craig Groechell from lifechurch.tv (www.lifechurch.tv) who happens to be a Covenant Pastor in Oklahoma. This church has 8 campuses in 4 states, but is still one Covenant church. Anyways, it is on my heart...and so is SO much of the other stuff from the week. Some friends were the worship team (a majority were Covenant people...like 80% of the band). Erwin McMannis (from Mosaic in LA) is unbelieveable. I love him.I am glad I went. I am glad it is done. I am not glad that I have SO much homework and studying to do. I am for sure over my head with stress and feeling out of control with my schedule. I wish I had time for all of life.
Many more thoughts about this week will be posted in the future. I am still chewing on them and trying to listen to what God wants me to discern from it all. Just pray for me to hear and be still and reach and listen and chew and dodge the fear that comes with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment