Sunday, November 05, 2006

Green Eggs and Ham

I am nannying for the long weekend for two boys, ages 2 and 4. This is a bit more work than the ususal nannying I do for over night families with children who are older. I told myself that this weekend will either make me so anxious to have my own family some day, or be one of the only reasons why I am glad I am single. I do have to say that I admire single mothers of our world. Especially being a single mom of 2 "toddlers"...even though one is almost 5. They are tough sometimes. So, trying to be the cool nanny that I think I am...I suggested to Tyler last night as we were reading our Dr. Suess together, "Hey, maybe WE can have green eggs and ham tomorrow for breakfast!" He LOVED this idea.

So, this morning I got out the eggs, ham and green food coloring...and went to work. Ty's response "I do so like Green eggs and Ham". I think that he was being nice or trying to quote the book. He only ate 3 bites. I think he got freaked out.

No comments: