Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Break update...

Merry Christmas Friends!

I have had a great last 10 days. LOTS has happened...so here is a super quick update and shout out to all...
  1. I finished up finals at NPTS and took off for Seattle. Was on the last plane that flew into SEA-TAC airport before it closed for the massive wind storms that took out half the city. Jensen, thanks for sitting next to me on the plane as I freaked out....We finally got home after being stuck at the airport for 5 hours, and we arrived to 4 trees down in the drive. Mercer Island was out of power for 4 days...
  2. I drove to Margey and Craig Vattiat's wedding in Portland. I was honored to read scripture in their wedding. Munchkin, you make one hot bride...
  3. I stayed with my dear friend Sarah Loehndorf...got to see Michael (now the fiance!!!) and the whole Loehndorf family.
  4. Spent the next 3 super fast days in Seattle. I enjoyed my day with the McCaskills - Rich, Erin, Ellie, Colby, and got to meet Chloe Elise. Ellie and Colby enjoyed the stories of Le-Le when she was naughty as a little girl.
  5. Had a great time with Kooky Kels. We tried to take a picture with Mt. Rainier behind us which was beautiful...but as you can see, we were sad because the camera phone didn't see the mountain.
  6. Evening with JJ, Lisa, Janae, Kaycee, and Stacey was wonderful. Nothing quite like running around in the old college dorms together again.
  7. Seattle Family Christmas with the Davis. One of my favorite family days of the whole year. I love them.
  8. I had a Dentist appointment with Dr. McDreamy...a.k.a. Dr. Brandon Cooley at Cooley Dental. That was a highlight.
  9. Had a wonderful time with Krista Picco Marceron at lunch.
  10. Flew into Denver...was one of the first flights into Denver after the big blizzard. I drove with mom and dad across Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan. yeah.
  11. Arrived in Grand Rapids on Christmas Eve at 8pm to be with Dave, Elizabeth, and Zech.
  12. Christmas with the family included the great Swedish traditions of meatballs, cardamon bread, and swedish cookies.
  13. Got to catch up and grab some dinner at the New Holland Brewery with Janice Buist. much needed.
  14. I am off to finish up the second half of Christmas Break... will update you next week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lens told me about your mcdreamy dentist, but wow, he's very mcsteamy!
merry christmas, lisa!
glad you survived the blizzard! it was fun... and i'm anticipating blizzard babies end of Aug '07!

Lisa said...

I did this blog while i was with a friend...and I predicted that you would be the first to comment on McDreamy. I know my friends well. Yeah, blizzard babies are the new hot item. Are you joining in the fun?

Anonymous said...

lisa, where do babies come from?

Lisa said...

I'm just making sure you are keeping your purity.

Anonymous said...

oh right! no blizzard babies for this cat!

Kels :) said...

so sad about mount rainier, but exciting to finally have a face to go with the stories of your hot dentist. good choice lis. ;)

i hope you're feeling better! let's talk soon... i'm in the office today, trying to ease back into my life.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you had such a great break. I think that you've earned it.