Wednesday, January 17, 2007

answers.

I started to get nervous today...as I have gotten recently over many different things. I am thinking about everything from getting bills paid, to going grocery shopping, to thinking about interviews I have before me, to moving and finishing up school. I am thinking about friends who are here and friends who are away, weddings I have to go to and days of school that will be missed. I am thinking about thank you notes that never got sent, presents to buy, and keeping up with life.

I am also reminded of my faith, or lack of faith at times. I am engaging with scripture more as I am helping a 5 year old get fired up about reading her bible with me each night before bed...and then there is prayer time. I started thinking about prayers that I prayed specifically before I came to seminary. As I was finishing up my reflections of prayer on interstate 94, I was able to let my nervousness cease because I realized that some of the most specific prayers I prayed before I entered seminary were still being answered by my Lord....it wasn't just answers to my prayers to be given to me only before I entered seminary, but I just realized that it is continuing answers as I have been here for 3 years now... Yeah, I like that about answered prayers. You never know when the blessings and the answers to the prayers end.


Sara Groves wrote a song that I haven't thought about for a long time. These lyrics are pretty much what I am experiencing.

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God’s hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you loud and clear...and will be praying that your faith will be strong, that your prayer life will reflect totaly surrender, and that God will meet your needs each morning.

Love you!