
I remember the day I was in class at Seattle Pacific and my roommate found me to let me know there had been shootings in my hometown of Littleton. I found out a few hours later that my next door neighbor Lauren Townsend, and Cassie Burnal who was a best friend to one of the high school girls I had mentored, were both victims. Today was a rerun. 33 are dead at Virginia Tech. This is the hottest news we have had in a while here in our nation.

Today I have been spending my homework time researching college ministry and the need for spiritual formation in the lives of college students. Ironically, I started working on this paper earlier this morning before the shootings started. I also ironically helped to interview someone to work at University Ministries next year as an intern. Also, I finally joined the world of facebook just for the reasoning of being able to connect with college students I will be working with in Santa Barbara. The lives of college students are surrounding me these days. I spent a huge chunk of my day with one of my small group girls yesterday...talking about life, challenging her on her views of life and decisions she is choosing to make, asking where God has been and where she'd like to experience him. She talked about struggles, the need for relationships and community, and the questions about the philosophy of life. I love that I have a heart for college students, and it kills me to think of what is happening in our nation, specifically in Virginia. Just sadness for this generation.
2 comments:
I just read your blog after I posted. Bless you for caring. College life is way too vulnerable on so many levels.
I have been reliving those days of the Columbine tragedy as well, it was my senior year. This is just another reminder of how broken our world is.
Post a Comment