One Graduation down...one to go. Today I graduated from the School of Business and got my masters of management in Non Profit Management. Seminary graduation will be next week. When I came to North Park from Mercer Island, Ben Steel also came from MI and started undergrad here. It has been great having my little brother finish with me today! Ben, I am going to miss you and I expect to see you in Santa Barbara.
This is my cousin Paul Johnson. He works in University Ministries. This is the first picture I have convinced him to take with me my whole 3 years here. You'll see more of him in next weeks pictures. He promised me.
Erik Strom, Matt Braun and I were the only Seminary students who also had duel degrees in the Business School. It's like the three of us are lucky because we got to practice for next Saturday.
On Friday I got to have a crazy and fun experience. I got to go to "grandparents day" with my sweet girls. Maya invited me to be her special guest for the day at North Shore Country Day School. It was also my last real nannying day with the Whitmores, so Olivia wanted to invite Maya to go bowling with us and then go on a $5 "shopping spree" at Target. Really, every 5 year old's dream, huh? Actually, the place we went bowling is AMAZING! It is called Pinstripes and is off of Willow Road near Waukegan if you live in the Chicago area. They just opened 2 weeks ago. Amazing food...but the best part? They specialize in Bocce Ball (both indoor and outdoor!) , Bowling, and an amazing Bistro. They have leather couches at each bowling lane...so fun.
Finally, my last highlight of the week was spending time with my dear friend Amanda Torihara. Amanda and I met in undergrad at SPU and she moved out here to Chicago just after 2 years in Seattle. Long story short, she has been one of my major saving graces while I have been here. I love you, Amanda! She treated me to a memorable dinner at Al's. It was a hit.
4 comments:
Congratulations Lisa! Savor your friends!
yaaaay! master's degree #1, check.
way to go friend. :)
congrats!
does this mean you'll do my taxes next year?
CONGRATULATIONS!
Huge accomplishment!
Post a Comment