The beaches of St. Croix - April 2007
Travel. I love to travel. When I lived in Seattle, i would fly out of SeaTac airport about once a month to travel somewhere. (MANY thanks goes to both Nancy Davis and Roommate for the many pick ups and drop offs over my years! Sorry this is 4 years late in thanking you!)
Since I have been here in Santa Barbara for nine months, I have felt like I haven't traveled hardly at all...but then again, I have flown to Seattle, Denver, Chicago, and Ohio since I have been here. I am doing just fine. In fact, in 2007, I got to go to St. Croix, to Sweden, and Colorado three different times...
Next month I get to go to Argentina! I am REALLY stoked about it. Here is the link for our trip. We are taking our Sr. High students on a mission trip to work with Mark and Aly Westlind in Buenos Aires and in a village about 6 hours northwest of them called Bernardo de Irygoyen. Mark was my missions professor at North Park Seminary and I went on a trip with him to Ecuador. It was amazing. We knew that one day, I would be bringing my students down to where they would be serving, and that month has finally come!
Planning for and fundraising for this trip has taken over our lives, but we are done...except for some minor details of planning. We have our final team training day tomorrow, and have a whole VBS to put together, but it will be great!
As I am dreaming about other trips, I started realizing how many other trips I really want to take. Here are some thoughts on how my paychecks will diminish in the future...
- India and Dubai with the Valliaths
- New Hampshire & Maine to visit my brother, sister-in-law and nephews...along with a lobster dinner and sitting in those rad white chairs on a beach
- Greece & Turkey on a history/theological tour with Montecito Covenant Church in 2009
- Italy - specifically Florence
- Australia and New Zealand and Fiji
- Africa. Maybe Zambia where my friends Rich and Paul have started a non-profit called Spark Ventures.
- Antarctica - just so I can say I have been to all seven continents!
- Hawaii. Every girl wants to go to Hawaii some day...
- China, Thailand, and Japan
4 comments:
Hey friend, I didn't know you had a blog, I'm going to add you to my list. Your Global list looks similar to the post I just wrote about my "Top 10":) Can't wait for you to go to beautiful ARG! We bought a sweet chandolier and candleabras there, get something you can remember the trip by!:)
So glad you posted again...I've missed hearing how you are.
We need a phone date soon.
You called on the way to Ohio, but what were you there for???
Miss you...
how's the knee?? you need to add alaska to the list:)
Ohhh, good one. Yeah, I'll add Alaska to my list! :)
Post a Comment