
That's right. Me and my intern, Liam. We left after 30 minutes and no kids showing up...i decided to drive to the only way I knew how to get to the beach.... and tried calling 4 of you (my closest friends from around the country since I didn't have any friends in Santa Barbara yet), and no one picked up. Thanks, you guys! Then I went to the beach, grabbed my IPOD and went for a walk on the beach, just to find out that my IPOD was dead. It was the worst day ever. I cried and told God I decided I didn't want to live here anymore...and it was my first week of work.
Fast forward in life to last night. We did clash N bowl again with our Jr. Highers and here was the turn out. Just wanted to share some classic "redemption of Lisa's call to youth ministry in Santa Barbara" pictures. It was a good one.
5 comments:
Yeah for progress!
Yeah for sticking it out!
Yeah for kids realizing just how cool it is to clash!
Yeah for 1 year at MCC!!!
Love ya.
We will talk soon - when my life slows down enough to make phone calls again!! :-)
Yay! I remember hearing about the first Clash 'n Bowl. Way to not back down from a fight - those kids are lucky to have you
Oh my gosh, that dress is still around? That's amazing. Didn't you wear that for Sybil's birthday?
I was laughing at your story of the first clash-n-bowl...because I was imagining you walking on the beach with a broken iPod in that crazy outfit. THAT is funny.
So glad you're so much more popular now! I knew it would happen. Miss you, friend, and can't wait to see you again SOON!
Ahhh, phew! I was relieved to see that they DID indeed love clash 'n bowl... they just needed a year to find the perfect outfit! Everyone is a little hesitant at first...but watch out - this WILL be the annual event that they all look forward to! :)
Post a Comment