Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ordination Interview

I got back today from a great weekend with some of my 8th graders. We went to LA for a mini mission trip. It was a first mission trip for each one of them. I loved seeing them eat up the whole weekend, and hopefully have a growing heart for ministering to God's people, both here in SB and also around the world.

I take off tomorrow to go right back down to the LA area because I have my first major ordination interview. Pray for me as I am sure some of my questions will have to do with the authority of scripture, baptism, freedom in Christ, atonement, Waldenstrom, women in ministry, sexuality, leadership, character, and ministry models. This is just my guess, as they don't share what they will ask you about.

Pray for me as I am super tired heading into this interview. Pray for my heart and fears. Pray for clarity in my theology and thought process. Pray for my frustration in LA traffic for a second day in a row.

No comments: