This has been the longest 23 hours I've been through in a LONG time.
We officially have 10 families who lost their homes. We could expect more tonight, unfortunately... including our church building.
We will have church on Sunday Morning. We will let you know more details of this later. Not sure if it will be at the church or at a hotel or something. Most likely just one service at 10:45am.
The sun is setting for another night. It is grey and smokey outside. I see clouds of smoke up the hills from me. Last night the whole mountain in front of my street was on fire. As of right now, I am at home and not evacuated.
Prayers have been felt over and over again. Specifically pray for my Jr. and Sr. High Student ministry kids who lost EVERYTHING... Michael, Ali, Nathaniel, Donovan, Tanner, Lauren.
The song "Blessed Be Your Name" has been on my heart all day.... specifically the line "when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say, Blessed Be the Name of the Lord, Blessed Be your Name." God is Good. God is Faithful. God is Mighty to Save.
Onto night #2.
peace.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love you... good to hear to hear your voice last night. Hope you got some rest.
Post a Comment