Well, today was a much better day, so that was encouraging. I REALLY felt prayed over, along with our whole community. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.
I got the awesome opportunity to just hang out with victims. One dear family (and my mentor) needed to just get laundry done. They didn't lose their home, even though they should have. They grabbed some more clothes this morning from the house, but they are all smoke damaged... so the laundry did help some. I have found three different families that have been wearing their same outfits since Thursday today!
I took two Jr. High girls out for the day. One of them lost everything. We started a new closet of clothes for her and grabbed clothes for the brother/boys who would MUCH rather be playing Wii than shopping for new clothes for themselves. We had fun picking out their clothes too!
I helped sort out clothes that had been gathered for one family and pack them in individual suitcases for each of the four kids and parents so there was more organization. We had a great dinner afterwards.
I am currently at home with Ali, my 8th grader watching a movie before bed. She thought she could use a break from the hotel along with her two little brothers. :)
Church is tomorrow at the Montecito Country Club. I had grabbed the portable sound system and projector from church incase we needed it. I am glad I did! The church is still standing.... but super smoked out AND on top of that, we aren't allowed in the neighborhood. The service is tomorrow at 10am at the Country Club.
If you are interested in sharing about donations, here is where you can give:
Montecito Covenant Church Compassion Fund
671 Cold Spring Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Our church website is www.mcchurch.org
thank you again for everything...
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment