I am pretty sure I have families from our church who have lost their homes tonight. I heard of one dad who is hosing his house down with the garden hose. This is SO real and so humbling. We have 6 extra people staying here tonight. I am sure I will be hosting students in my home tomorrow and for the next weeks... who knows. No official confirmation on anything, but here is a note about Westmont College from a friend who works there.... I am trusting her word on it.
Conditions on campus improved to the point where staff were able to get
food from the Dining Commons and bring it to the gym, where the
community is sheltered in place.
Conditions in the area may make it possible now to leave the campus for
a Red Cross shelter, but that option is still being explored.
Firefighters are currently attempting to put out several fires at Clark
Hall. Structures lost to or significantly damaged by fire include the
Physics Building, the 'old Math" building, Bauder Hall and the Quonset
Huts.
Again, we are grateful that no one has been hurt on campus, and everyone
is safely in the gymnasium and in good spirits.
Thank you for your prayers.
We HAVE NOT lost the prayer chapel yet. Kerrwood Hall is fine, DC is fine.
I will post updates to this note as I get more info.
For those of you who know Mark the RD, his house is one of the buildings in Clark that is on fire. also, Clark M.
food from the Dining Commons and bring it to the gym, where the
community is sheltered in place.
Conditions in the area may make it possible now to leave the campus for
a Red Cross shelter, but that option is still being explored.
Firefighters are currently attempting to put out several fires at Clark
Hall. Structures lost to or significantly damaged by fire include the
Physics Building, the 'old Math" building, Bauder Hall and the Quonset
Huts.
Again, we are grateful that no one has been hurt on campus, and everyone
is safely in the gymnasium and in good spirits.
Thank you for your prayers.
We HAVE NOT lost the prayer chapel yet. Kerrwood Hall is fine, DC is fine.
I will post updates to this note as I get more info.
For those of you who know Mark the RD, his house is one of the buildings in Clark that is on fire. also, Clark M.
No comments:
Post a Comment