Tuesday, March 14, 2006

two thumbs down for BA


First off...Isn't Zech the cutest ever? Yeah, Crazy Auntie Lisa got him this awesome hat. He loves it...(I am sure).

On my flight from London to Hamburg, Germany, I flew on British Airways. I was pissed at first because they made me check my backpack, which I KNEW would be fine as a carry on...hence why I brought only a little backpack. Well, I got on the plane and they served wine at no charge...I took advantage and had some wine with my British cookies, and relaxed till Germany. They randomly asked me to fill out a survey...so I did while we were flying. When I got to Germany, I wished I could have filled out that survey again as I realized that they had lost my luggage. Normally this would have been ok, but since I am 3 hours north of Hamburg in a small town (Emden) it is right on the Netherlands border on the water...I knew this would be a mess. Not only did I not have my stuff, but all of my information for Dave and Elizabeth, how to travel up to their place, their phone number and address...you get the idea. It was all in my lost luggage. I am glad that my outfit that I have now worn for about 36 hours is sort of comfy.




Long story short, I made it to Emden last night...with no luggage. But, I got here by 10:30pm and we spent the day today in a Dutch town in Holland called Groningen. Dave was really excited about this town...it was super cute. The two different markets were open today, the cheeses were out (we bought some Gouda), the fish markets were out, the sasuage markets were out, the sock markets were out. The crazy list goes on and on. Zech did really well. He for sure likes being in his stroller and to be moving. He slept like a champ for most of the day.



Another funny thing about my brother especially, but also about Elizabeth, is that they LOVE their bakerys. Here in Emden, Dave took me on a tour of their town...pointed out all 5 bakeries, we stopped at two of them and got treats. Then in Groningen, we stopped at another bakery. Go figure. Dave loves bakeries...I guess it is a Holmlund thing.



Well, the good news is that my bags came...I might even still get reimbursed up to 56 Euros for clothes...(now I can go shopping) and we are home after a fun day in Holland.

Moral of the story...think twice before flying British Airways...

No comments: