Monday, November 13, 2006

the 7 Wonders

Now, I've decided to help educate others around me with this site...and not just blog about random Lisa Facts that honestly no one cares about but me and my mom. (hi mom).

I am super into Good Morning America this week because they are doing the new 7 wonders of the world. So, I did some research. Here is something I never knew existed, let alone was part of the original 7 wonders of the world.

This picture is the Paracutin Volcano

In 1943, a farmer in the Mexican state of Michoacán was readying his fields for spring sowing when the ground nearby opened in a fissure about 150 feet long. The farmer saw a volcano called Mount Parcutin, or "El Monstre," erupt before his eyes.

Can you name any of the other 7 wonders WITHOUT cheating?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see..Nigara Falls, Mamouth Cave (in Kentucky), the natural Bridge (in Aruba~ now gone to the waves)...that's a start..Everyone SHOULD want to know this...so, Lisa, what a re the 7 wonders of the world?