Tuesday, November 28, 2006

strappy shoes and surfers

Katie and Kevin's wedding week was great. It was a super fun week in San Diego. I am ready to move out there. Every morning, we would wake up, grab some coffee and walk across the street and the train tracks wearing our hoodies and flip flops to watch the surfers as we were waking up. It was awesome. They live in Del Mar, which is a sweet set up with crazy, but fun neighbors. I even met the old man who walked his pet wolf, Nikki, on the beach every day. Weird kind of guy.

Thanksgiving dinner was with the Stewarts and the Saxtons. It was super fun to be with old school families from my past again. Love them all. I have to admit that even though the food was amazing, I missed the traditional turkey, stuffing and potatoes.

Monica, Julie, and I threw a wedding shower at a fondue restraunt on Friday. Saturday was the big day. The wedding was on a yacht in the San Diego harbor near sunset with a 40's vintage type theme. I had huge hair and looked great. The camera phone I had with me can only do so much, you know. As a whole, it was super beautiful and fun. It was really windy, I thought my dress was going to fly up and I thought I would fall as I was walking down the isle in my new gold strappy heels, but other than that, it was amazing. I discovered I like fake eyelashes. Who would have known? Monica, Julie and I had a great time being with Katie for her day. The fun fact of the week was the Monica and I found out we were in Mr. Robinson's third grade class together in Ripon, CA. Weird that we didn't put that together until this weekend. The groomsmen were goofy and crazy. Typical surfers. We went to the W Hotel downtown for the afterparty. Unbelievable place. I felt like I was in Sex and the City at that club.

I ended up the week with hitting up some surf shops, having the best doughnut I have ever eaten in Solano beach, met up with our dear family friend, Shirley, and grabbed some In-n-Out before I got to the airport. It was amazing. I'll put up more pictures from the wedding when I get them from others.

3 comments:

The dBs said...

So glad it was a good trip! In-N-Out burgers... yummy! show me more pics!
love you!

Lisa said...

I can still taste those fries. ummmm.

Kels :) said...

fun pictures! and yes, in-N-out fries. good stuff.