
Another roommate got married this past weekend! I know, many of you in my life are wondering how many roommates weddings can one just go to? Well, since I have had 21 roommates, there can be quite a number of weddings in life. Shannon is roommate #18. We lived together in Issaquah while I was on staff at Mercer Island Covenant as the middle school pastor after we both had graduated. Shannon went to North Park, but moved out to Seattle after working at camp of the Cascades, where we originally met.
The fun part of this awesome marriage is that I actually have know Brandon for about 10 years. He and I went to school together at SPU. This is my version of how Shannon and Brandon met. I got a phone call about 18 months ago from Shannon. She randomly got a phone call message from some guy she only met at a party and never gave her number to. As we were talking, she said, "I don't even remember his name. He does work at UPC (staff of about 80) with my brother". I said, "let me guess...he's like 6'1, dark brown hair, super tan, works probably with university ministries or with missions..." She said, very surprised that I was so good at this guessing game..."ummm, yeah". I continued, "His name is Brandon Bleek". Shannon's reponse "Oh my gosh, I think you are right!" My response "Wow, he's great. Actually, I think that you guys would be perfect for each other... call him back."
Long story short, they fell in love and now are married. Congratulations!
2 comments:
That is such a great picture of you Lisa!
oh, you are too nice. Just striving to put my "janelle charm" on...
Post a Comment