Well, it is finally official, and I am super excited to share some BIG news... I am moving to Santa Barbara at the end of May because I accepted the position as the Director of Student Ministries at Montecito Covenant Church!
For me, the call process (of heading into a pastoral position at a church out of seminary), has been crazy, emotional, but so clear and obvious that God was present. After two visits to Santa Barbara, 10 interviews with them, house hunting options, meeting new people, praying, praying some more, seeking wisdom, and sitting with Jesus, it has been quite the journey. I am super giddy about it. The church is wonderful, the kids are super, the staff is one that I am excited to work with, and I know I will personally grow and be challenged here. Did I fail to mention that it is in Santa Barbara...hello. (added perk, huh?)

The church is beautiful. It is in Montecito, which is the "big estate" side of Santa Barbara...up in the hills by Westmont. They have the most amazing courtyard and fountain where coffee is served after the services by the outside fireplace. Everything is done in the "mission style" of architecture. The Sr. pastor is great. Don Johnson and his wife, Martha, are wonderful. I might argue that Don has more energy than me, and also can drink about twice as much coffee as I can....and I love my coffee.
This is Liam. He graduated from Westmont last year and has been the interim Director of Student Ministries for the past year. He will be working with me for sure through the summer.
So, this is your official invitation to come and visit/vacation in Santa Barbara! Thank you for many that have prayed for me throughout this process. The prayer support has been felt.
9 comments:
YEAH!!! This is the post I've been waiting for. I'm sitting here in my office with tears in my eyes. As I have prayed for you throughout this process, I have always felt that this was the perfect fit for you. The job, church, people, location just seem to scream LISA!
Now I can come visit when I need a retreat from midwest winters.
Congrats!! God truly is an amazing and awesome God and provides for each of our needs in His perfect timing.
Love you!
Janice
Congratulations Lisa!! I'm stoked for you and am sure to stop by sometime in the future. Cheers from Newcastle!
Awesome! I'm super glad you got the gig. Lens and I will come out for sure for a little trip / reunion. Can't wait to see what God does next in your life!
BFL - this is fantastic. i'm so excited that you have seen God work in your life and that you are certain of where He wants you. I'm glad it's written down so you can remember it.
love you mucho!
BFL
Welcome Lisa...bring your own coffee cup!
Congratulations, Lisa! I'm excited to see what God has in store for you in So Cal! You are going to be amazing...
Oh my gosh, I love this. I can totally imagine you being there. So fun!!! Congrat Lisa. This is so exciting.
congratz on your call to serve in santa barbara!
Lisa- It was great to hear of all of your adventures. I am so excited for you to be out of school,have a wonderful job and finally be back on the West Coast. See you soon this summer! Love ya, Trina
Post a Comment