Saturday, June 02, 2007

parting thoughts on the great move to SB


With Kels on the beach after Jace hooked us up.


To be honest, this picture describes quite a bit about my life right now. Kels and I had just stopped on the Colorado/Utah border for lunch and it was one of those "are we sure we want to keep going west" type questions. Yesterday was an interesting day for me in regards to ministry. Everything from my first few hours in the office to my first event. I sort of wished we had gone east back to Denver instead of West. My reminder through the crazy day was to just remember it is not about me... but it IS about being in communion with God. Tomorrow is communion Sunday, and I have a feeling this will be a new meaning for me considering my week this far and the conversations Jesus and I have had.

When you are alone in a new city, it is a weird thing to figure out how to be at peace with life around you. (especially when you are someone with high expectations for yourself and ministry.) I chewed on Psalm 25:1 -8 yesterday, ironically before I realized that this is what I needed to be reminded of later on in the day. Here is a summary of it from the message:

1 My head is high, God, held high; 2 I'm looking to you, God; No hangdog skulking for me. 3 I've thrown in my lot with you; You won't embarrass me, will you? Or let my enemies get the best of me? Don't embarrass any of us Who went out on a limb for you. It's the traitors who should be humiliated. 4 Show me how you work, God; School me in your ways. 5 Take me by the hand; Lead me down the path of truth. You are my Savior, aren't you? 6 Mark the milestones of your mercy and love, God; Rebuild the ancient landmarks! 7 Forget that I sowed wild oats; Mark me with your sign of love. Plan only the best for me, God! 8 God is fair and just; He corrects the misdirected, Sends them in the right direction.


On the other front of life, my condo should be ready next week, so that is fun. I am itching to get settled into my own space.

1 comment:

~ tara said...

Yeah Lisa! I am excited to hear about your move.....and I can't wait to visit!:)