Monday, June 04, 2007

the needs of my suburbs.

Well, I am going to venture into the suburbs today...a.k.a. Ventura. Santa Barbara doesn't have my bank (US BANK - time to get some new customers, hello!) and there isn't a Target here either. What city doesn't have Target? Obviously that's Santa Barbara. So, since today is my day off, to keep myself from going into the office, I am making myself get out and about.

In regards to my first weekend at church. It really was good. I guess I have to say that it was obvious that I wasn't going through this alone. When I posted my last blog on Psalm 25, I had not realized that this was the same text that was being used in church this week also. So, needless to say, God spoke to me in great lengths.

Somehow Liam and I convinced the Jr. Highers to eat our youth group dinner out of a huge trough. Well, really it was a rain gutter. But the best part, we had one HUGE Frito Chili Boat. It was quasi-nasty and really funny. Don't want to think of the germ factor on this one.

So, I've officially had a 56 club event, Jr. High youth group, Sr. High youth group, College and young adults group, and a Sunday Morning service under my belt. Onto week 2.

2 comments:

bansheewigs said...

i'm completely baffled that you don't have a target. i need a moment...

Ang said...

Seriously NO TARGET! Wow Santa Barbara, I never knew.

Hang in there Lady, transitions are also tricky. Praying for you and I know that your life there will continue to "fit" you better.