Saturday, June 09, 2007

starting to feel like home...


I just have to rub it in of how beautiful it is here. It is crazy awesome. Liam and I did a full day of planning this past week as we were thinking about the year to come. We went north and hit up Pismo Beach and then onto San Luis Obispo. I think that I need to share about SLO first, as it sort of was one of the funniest events of the day. As we were crusin' up the 101, Liam quickly pulled off some random exit and said "we gotta go here...you need to check out the men's room". Enough said. Pretty much, we went to this SUPER random hotel called the Madonna Inn. It is wacky. I did indeed sneek into the mens room in the basement where there is this waterfall that starts up on this wall...so when men use the urinal (in this case a rock wall), this waterfall starts up. It is crazy. Great find, my good buddy. I'm glad I am in the know now.

I am getting quite proficient at the round abouts on Milpas and off of Baker Pass, I know where to get super awesome produce and freakin amazing avocados for only 80 cents! I know where the cheap taco stand is, where to find my new favorite latte (hello Santa Barbara Roasting Company, or RoCo as the locals call it). I found a great doughnut place...P.S. - I love doughnuts in case you didn't know. Costco has been visited maybe 4 times in my total of 10 days being here. Really, this place is coming together. I am hanging out with friends every once in awhile... and I have some friends outside of the church too.

I am off to the beach with Kirsten Kronberg. I want to make sure I get some great hangout time with her before she moves up to Washington in a few weeks. We're hitting the beach. Ahh, the life of living in a beach town.

No comments: