
This is a picture of Santa Barbara at the harbor I found...
Well, after my MRI, it has been said that I have a torn ACL on my left knee. I am not sure if there is also meniscus damage. Seriously, all due to leap frog. At least it was fun. The good news in this is that I have a reason why my knee has been killing me the past month since the incident. The bad news is I will more than likely have surgery. At this point, I would rather have surgery and get this fixed than to live with knee injuries for the rest of my life. It could be worse, right?
If you want more info on ACL damage and how it gets fixed, check out the link. I learned a lot about what I am going through and will be going through. Sort of freaks me out, but I know this is a common occurrence for orthopedic surgeons these days.
I am gonna give my first go at biscotti today. I am also hoping to finish up addressing Christmas letters and enjoy my lazy Saturday at home. Tomorrow is gonna be a 13 hour day at church...so I'm gearing up for it.
2 comments:
i tore my ACL (left knee) too, yes it was very painful.
the surgery was painful as well but from what i understand people who don't get the surgery end up having a lot of problems later on.
but do everything your PT says before the surgery.
it takes basically a year to get back to full-strength.
sorry you tore it; i wouldn't wish that on anyone. and, i hope your meniscus is okay.
i'm glad you have a diagnosis! how'd the biscotti and the 13 hour day go?
Post a Comment