Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Why I love my job in SoCal




Yes, I live here...


yesterday, today and tomorrow are HUGE surf days here in Santa Barbara. The swell is in and we are talking easy 12 ft. overheads. It is crazy. Yesterday, we had a meeting at another Montecito Church and my Sr. Pastor and I ran into the Hurley Surf riders pimped out van pulling up alongside of us at a secret spot here in SB in a neighborhood. I got a bit excited. Didn't see any faces I could name...but I know these were pros. Pretty sweet. Here are some shots of why I love getting to do my one on one staff meetings and quiet times on the beach. I don't know if I have seen waves like these before... There was some double overheads back to back near Hammonds and near the Biltmore this morning as Liam and I were planning youth group on the rocks. Amazing. I love that there is the amazing ocean on one side and these amazing mountains on the other side. Come and visit me and see for yourself!

No comments: