Sunday, July 23, 2006

CHIC highlights



I am going to try to recap my last week of amazement. It started on Saturday night, the night before the huge Welcome Party that Andy and I headed up... I found out my roommate for the week was Sara from Colorado...one of the two doctors at CHIC. I had arrived with a super sore throat from the week before. Long story short she looked at my throat and told me I had some excavated tonsilitis something or another. I would for sure have to go on meds and it would be sore for awhile. I woke up the next morning at 4:30am to get ready...and found that I was healed 100%. Sara said it was for sure a miracle from God. Cool start to a great week for me.

At the Welcome party, we only had one person signed up to help us from 6:30am till 9:30pm. We were needing about 45 people to work with us for the day. I was freaking out. Somehow, everything worked out. The whole CHIC council came around us and the day was great. God was present again. AND, we made it to mainstage ON TIME!!! We weren't even expecting to be able to be there for half of it since we would be cleaning up. We cleaned up so fast and made it just in time. The Welcome Party ended with a Lost and Found concert and about 1,200 people filled the court yard.

The 5,500 students at CHIC raised over $100,000 for missions in Sudan and they put together over a half million meals for the organization "Feed My Starving Children". Social Justice was preached and heard.

The picture with our speakers with the names on the backdrop hit me the most. This was a talk that Effrim and Judy gave and the back drop was every name of every person that was at CHIC. It was talking about how each of our names is in God's book. It was super moving to the kids (and myself). Impressive.

The CHIC council was amazing. They did a great job. I was mentored and grew in ways that I did and didn't want to grow in...isn't that how is always happens? Peter Park Rocks - he was the head of my team (in the brown CHIC staff shirt). Thanks Peter! I also want to thank Andy, Jill, Eric, Jeff, Tim and Gary for the amazing week. Yeah, I could go on and on...but that's a quick summary. Thanks for praying for us.

And now, as we ended each main stage, I now leave you with our benediction...


May you jump into the arms of Jesus,
and may He push you out into the world,
so that you might be healed as you
participate in the healing of others;
not because you're perfect,
but because he is.
..

Now you are free to move about the world.








No comments: