I went to a fun game night with new and old friends... I was hoping for Settlers, but I didn't bring it with me...and I don't own it yet. (problem I understand)
CHIC is in 3 days. I am stressed, but trying to not act stressed. It isn't working. Everyone who sees me asks "Hi Lisa...you ok? Is CHIC stressing you out?" Really, am I that obvious? I am trying hard to hide the stress. You can check out daily reports of the event at www.noordinaryday.org
I almost stepped on a squirrel today. I screamed to myself. I then realized the squirrel
was dead in the grass and thought I should take a picture to prove it. I proceeded to take out my camera phone... had to get about 8 inches away for the dead animal to be big enough for the picture, and snapped away. The new Korean Exchange students thought I was out of control. sick. dead squirrel.I worked on three different jobs today...and felt quasi productive in all three. for one of them I had to sign my name 432 times on letters since I am the threshold director. awesome (and why did I take this job?)
I had a great quiet time and also one of my great friends had us pray as a team for CHIC for a while today. Yeah, that was needed.
I nannied for one of my families...their full time nanny had made dinner for the family, but the rest of the family never came home...and the 4 year old refused to eat anything but cookie crips cereal without a melt down. SO, I got to enjoy a whole stuffed pork loin, grilled asparagas, and yams with apples on top to myself.
The 18 year old came home later to show me his new car. It had the whole light up subs in the trunk; a flip screan DVD player, the most amazing sound system...you get the idea. It is it's own amusment park, basically.
I rolled my ankle today. There was one time that I rolled one ankle in college at some party while I was standing on a couch. (I don't remember what I was doing now). I was living with my psudo-family on Mercer Island at the time and couldn't drive myself home, so I had to call my psudo-dad to come and get me at 1am. Then a few weeks later I was playing tag in the sanctuary at church during a lock-in... another story of standing on a pew (what's the theme here) well, maybe not standing, but running over the pews. I did a great job with a new rolled ankle and I also got the full impact of the fall with a few pews falling on top of me as I kept going with momentum...I had offically killed my ankle. Way to go my first week on the job as an intern at my new church.
THEN one month later I was already in a huge brace for one of my ankles, and my awesome friend JJ decided it would be fun to push me in the bushes as we were leaving for a New Years Eve Party in Denver. Jerk. There went the other ankle. He laughed so hard he cried, I cried because I was in pain, and his mom cried because she was mortified that JJ would do that to me. What a night. I love my ankles. Again...be careful of this guy, he pushes people into bushes.
3 comments:
rest in peace, nuts!
steph, you with your foxes...me with squirrels...gosh, I wonder who gets the alligator.
i know! i'm still scared to walk alone in my 'hood, and i still live in that same apt near downtown. remember? yeah, freaked. i bet Lens sees something wacky soon!
Post a Comment